Thursday, December 29, 2005

Das Reich S33 Tiger I painting finished

Have been lazy for the last few days and haven't done much except doing some research and preparation for my next project. I am thinking about doing a painting of the SS Pz.Rgt.503 Tiger II during the final battle in Berlin. Got 2 photo of this Tiger and is now trying to establish roughly where it was in front of Potsdamer Bahnhof. Also, the German Das Reich S33 Tiger I tank is finally finished before the holiday. Attached is the image of the finished painting. I have a bigger image in my site:Kursk Tiger and the painting will be available as limited edition art print in late Jan. German Pz Kpfw III Ausf M, Kursk 1943

4 comments:

Tim said...

Very nice, Vincent. Have you ever thought of doing a painting of the Stuka? One of my favorite books is "Stucka Pilot" by Hans Ulrich Rudel. The man was amazing. He flew 2500 sorties, destroyed over 500 tanks, a Russian battleship, and shot down many Russian fighters while flying an inferior plane. He was shot down several times, and kept flying even after losing a leg and being ordered by Hitler not to fly anymore. Truly, if he had been on our side, the war would have ended a lot sooner.
I love your tanks, but would love to see some old war birds.

Vince Wai said...

Hi Tim,

I did planned to do some plane art in the future and is doing some research of the flying tigers. Your suggestion of the Stuka is a very good choice. Had read about Rudel several years ago and is good that you bring this up. A Stuka Ju-87 G (?) diving steep and blasting a T34 or KV to pieces would be a great visual. Will see if I can work on it soon.

vince

Gary Moyle said...

Just found your blog Vincent and wanted to say how nice your artwork is. I love the Tiger as its probably my favourite WWII tanks.

I'm also into military aviation art in a big way and think your idea of "a Stuka Ju-87 G (?) diving steep and blasting a T34 or KV to pieces" would make a classic painting. Although there are a lot of Stuka paintings by various artists I haven't seen anything similar to what your suggesting so I look forward in anticipation.

military aviation art

Vince Wai said...

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your kind words:-)

I have been working on the Stuka's sketch last week and I might change the composition with the Stuka pulling up after the tank had been blasted. With the previous idea, the tank seems to become the main subject instead of the Stuka itself. May be I need to play around with the idea a little bit more:-)

vince

Recent

Jagdtiger 3D WIP ( part 2 )

Back door Engine deck German Jagdtiger 3D (part 1)