Tuesday, December 20, 2005

2nd Rangers at Pointe du Hoc, Normandy 1944



This is a painting I had done a few years back. It's about the 2nd Rangers scaling the cliff of Pointe du Hoc during D-day, 1944. Their mission was to destroy the German batteries on top of the cliff but finding the guns were moved away when they finally got to the top. It's my first attempt to do a military art limited edition print, feedback is quite good, I even have five 2nd Ranger veterans who were in action during D-day signed on 5 of these Ranger prints and is still in my collection.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Vincent this is excellent work. I am an amatuer artist and have always enjoyed the work of Greg Beecham found in the old "Bantam War Books". I am interested in this photoshop work. What all do you need to get started with it? Do you use a Wacom board? I have bookmarked this site! You've got a new fan! I live in Detroit, not too far from Toronto as the crow flies.

Vince Wai said...

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I use a Wacom board. Remember to get one as large as you can afford. I had heard people go for 8 X 6 inch size just to save a hundred dollars but may find there's a lot limitation in the long run. The 12" X 9' would be a much better choice.

vince

Recent

Jagdtiger 3D WIP ( part 2 )

Back door Engine deck German Jagdtiger 3D (part 1)