Sunday, December 04, 2005

Kursk Tiger



The German Tiger tank has always been my favorite WWII AFV. So it's kind of natural Tiger I came right up to my mind when I decided to do a tank profile for my military art limited edition prints. I had painted the LAH Tiger 1313 ( in dark yellow and red brown camouflage ) about 8 years ago, but since then new information about the camo scheme are published in more recent books such as Tiger in Combat II. It's seems more likely the tank was in dark yellow base color and painted over with dark green stripes. Upon checking wartime photo of the tank 1313 at Kursk, there were obvious darker color stripes at the side of the tank which seems more likely to be some red brown paint or mud being added in an ad hoc manner. Shown here is the Tiger I313 profile and a close up view. The painting is not finished yet as I am still working on the minor details.

No comments:

Recent

Jagdtiger 3D WIP ( part 2 )

Back door Engine deck German Jagdtiger 3D (part 1)