Saturday, December 03, 2005

First posting



Hi all,
This is my first blog and I am still exploring all the settings. As the title goes, this blog is to share my thoughts and WIP (work in progres ) about my military art and researches. Here's a painting which I had finished last month. It's a soldier from the 101st Airborne Division at Normandy. The background is the church at St. Marie du Mont. For anyone who is interested in seeing more of my art, you are welcome to check out my site at http://www.vincentwai.com

2 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

May I know the original size of this piece?

I like the stance of the figure. Did you use a real-life model for this?

When I was in the military, yes, I do hold my assault rifle in this fashion. (I know he's not holding an assault rifle.)

Vince Wai said...

Hi Chuang,

Welcome to my blog, the orignal size of the piece is about 9in X 12in. I do use life model as reference for the post but I have to create the detail of the uniform as the model is not wearing the para outfit.

vince

Recent

Jagdtiger 3D WIP ( part 2 )

Back door Engine deck German Jagdtiger 3D (part 1)